Sunday 23 September 2012

The Space Between

I find it really hard to leave white, untangled spaces when I'm tangling a tile. I feel an urge to fill it completely.

Like yesterday when I was doing my Pinwheel for Peace. There was a point where I'd only completed the atorm sections and the rest lay empty. And I caved in and filled in those lovely blank sections and ended up with a very busy looking pinwheel. Don't get me wrong - I like the end result, but it grates at me a little because it looked so peaceful before.

I drew this particular challenge a few months ago, so let's take a look at what I came up with:

The Space Between
Tangles: ScallopsNzeppel, Reticulated,
Chard, Ninja Stars, Fescu

It's not too bad! Note the lack of shading. I'm tempted to go back and try shading it... let's see.

What about you? Do you like to fill the entire tile, or do you find it easy to leave space?

Happy tangling...
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment