Monday 12 November 2012

Hey Mickey, You're So Fine...

It feels like there's been no time between the last challenge and this one... but that's because I was very late getting going on Socc! But I'm on holiday this week!! And this week's challenge was SOOOOOOOOOO much fun!!!

Welcome to the Mickey Challenge, set by guest challenger, Courtney Frantz.

In this challenge Courtney challenges us to do a Mickey Mouse inspired tile, as November 18th is Mickey's birthday - the day Steamboat Willie was released.

So I started with overlapping Ms to form my string:
MM String


And then I watched Steamboat Willie which is posted on the challenge and was inspired! I even came up with a new tangle (at least I think it's new... please tell me if you know otherwise) based on the big bow Minnie often wears.
Mickey

Mickey Vermal; Pluto bones IX; Mickey tangle;
Minnie's Polka dots, Flowers and Bows
Steamboat Willie's bell and puffs of smoke

Colourful Mickey!

As I said.... SOOOOOOOO much fun.

Update - 13th October
Here are the instructions for Minnie's Bows: Minnie - New Tangle

Happy tangling...
Claire

16 comments:

  1. So much fun in this tile! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bones, bows and everything together creates a bountiful tile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun! I can see you really enjoyed it. I love both the B&W and the colored version. Great symbols for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Mickey heads all over the place! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greta Claire! Like Sandy, I love the Mickey heads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha--I love this!! You definitely had fun and I love all your designs! I need to get cracking on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOHHH! great way to start the design! what a good idea! i am fairly new to zentangles and thinking of trying the challenge....love your finished piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! The bows are really cute, and I love the Mickey heads... It's great to see the process - the shading then the color - both are terrific, but the color adds a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them! But yes I agree... The colored one is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delightful! You had such a good time with this and the color is the cherry on top. (Love Minnie's bow).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the Mickey heads might be a new tangle too. The whole tile is adorable, both in black and white and in color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the bows, first time I've seen a tangle like that. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really like the colored version. Great job! Your tile is so fanciful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Claire you did a perfect job on the challenge. Great explanation of using the MM string and your developing proces. The colored version is really great. Wel done !

    ReplyDelete
  15. claire - i love your interpretation (and i totally saved your minnie bow instructions to my desktop :)). i think pluto's bones are my favorite part - what fun!

    ReplyDelete